At last!

Let me tell you, it was about time. Soooo many years talking about the singularity of the Speedmaster saga (unfortunately more the past and less the future...) and not owning a Speedy has been going on for too long. No more excuses, I have finally remedied that shortcoming and re-inserted a Speedmaster in my collection with an "Apollo XI".


I almost forgot how elegant this watch is. A real classic that thanks to fait is still around (not reeeealy like the original but close enough). I guess a little is better than nothing. A very refreshing watch. No nonsense, no crap, just a classic manual chrono. It feels like being barefoot on the beach. Simple.


I regret having sold several of these in the past to be honest and a version with the sapphire back and front could be a great everyday watch. Looking at the insane escalation in prices for these last months these Speedmasters are almost a bargain together with another classic, the Submariner (no date) by Rolex.


Omega...

3 comments:

Speedmaster said...

Beautiful, been wearing mine all week! ;-)

KronosClub said...

What a great watch...

raphael too said...

huge congrats!! the speedy is a great addition always :)