Dornblueth "99.2"

Few can give you more for your money than Dornblueth. Still a small watchmaker obsessed with quality and finishing, Dornblueth is getting to be very appreciated by collectors and watch enthusiast around the world. They take order directly and until now there are no shops anywhere. There is one exception though, UHREN in Madrid are the only store where you can go a buy a Dorning. Did I say buy? Sorry, I meant get in line. Backordered to about 6 months, this small manufacture is quite a bargain. Very appreciated amongst the connoisseur, Dornblueth is with F.P. Journe the only watchmaker to make all his movements in 18k rose gold. You can even order the seconds hack option or your initials engraved on the movement. Since they are all hand made special requests are not an obstacle, provided they are within reason of course...


My personal favorite is the 99.2 and judging from the waiting list I am not the only one! If you jump on this baby, ask for the "hack upgrade". As pictured on the right, the hack option makes the seconds hand jump to the closest quarter once you pull the crown to set the time. It's not that much and quite useful if you are a precision nut.

PRICE E.U: 4,900 € aprox.
PRICE U.S: 6,000 $ aprox.

Dornblueth & Sohn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Dornblüth movements, unlike FP Journe's recent models, are made of gold. They are gold plated (twice, I understand) in rose gold, giving them a lustre and deepness in colour which has become a trademark of the brand.

KronosClub said...

True! I double checked and you are very right. I must admit I am not very happy about being that wrong
, however I am not certain if I was mislead by false publicity or an "overzealous" Dorning fan...

Sorry about this guys.