Refining refinement...


It is not rare that o good product undergo several updates and minor tweaks. I hide not that I already had a weak spot for the HM2, but adding ceramic to the equation brings nothing but advantages. For those that love black watches ceramic is the way to go. PVD and DLC treatments have taken giant strides as durability are concerned but are no way near the resistance of ceramics. As the production gets perfected and more complex forms can be achieved ceramics will find its way in more and more watches from here on. In the case of the HM2 I could even say that this version is but a logical step. Maybe I would have done something more aggressive with a a greener or yellower tone on the markers. Since I have not seen this piece in the flesh yet I could be wrong. So I will not venture and say more until I hold it in my hands.

The look of MB &F's creations are singular and recognizable from afar. A rare treat our days, since most of the stuff out there looks the same. Most classic watch lovers are still a bit "scared" of this new concept yet they will come around. The best way to get an idea is to see one in the flesh. The contrast of the black and the white and red gold is definitely a winer.

I can't wait to see this piece next monday!

MB & F...

No comments: