Girard-Perergaux "Laureato EVO3"

The Laureato was always the "Cinderella" of the bunch, hidden away and unnoticed. Born in the Seventies, like the Royal Oak from AP or the Nautilus from Patek. While the other two seemed to thrive and evolve the GP simply went nowhere. With the new Laureato EVO3 it now looks like they are tailgating. Suspiciously familiar to the 3712 it looks like an attempt to ride its success. By today's standards this has become normal in the industry, ask Hublot...


All this said I must admit I like the Laureato EVO3. I gives a chance for those that liked the functionality of the 3712 to have it at half the price, about 8,000€ list price. It really is a great deal and an alternative to the Oak and the Nautilus. Except for the glamour aspect it really has nothing to envy from the other two.

Girard-Perregaux...

2 comments:

Velociphile said...

This is a piece I have to reserve judgement on until I've seen it in the flesh, but yes, it's up there. My only concern would be buying it at list price. I mean, have you seen the heavily (I mean like 50%++) discounted EVO3 chronographs.... OUCHEROO!

KronosClub said...

True, the flesh test is very important. It has never been more apparent than today that official list prices are not in sync with street prices. The market generally regulates this very well over time. If the other EVO3s are discounted that high it's because they are simply not worth more. In any case I think that this new EVO3 might be the one to hold its ground, but then again, I could be wrong. I have seen both, and for the same money the EVO takes this bout except for the glamour factor. Well, sometimes the glamour factor is all that counts...