Self Service...

For many of us that love when things are on time there are several new watches that now permit you to adjust your watch your self. No need to send it for service to correct those 14 plus/minus seconds a day. With this new development you can fine-tune anytime you wish! The URWERK 103 and Opus V are amongst the first movement that allow you to adjust without having to open the case. Quite an interesting development that has not been addressed until now. With mechanical watches varying their precision according to temperature, use, age and position the accuracy tends to fluctuate. Sometimes they go slightly faster, sometimes slower. Being such a precision nut I wish all my watches had this option. Unfortunately only Felix Baumgartner's creations offer this regulation feature at present time. I can't wait to see a Lange, Patek or Panerai with this option!

Never has it been so fascinating to look at the back of your watch. I must admit that I love when watches have stuff on the back. There is a growing trend to place things behind to free up the front, let me scoop-up some of my archives and I will post a collection.

No comments: